I’ve recently stumbled upon a nice IDAPython script from Alexander Hanel that automatically renames functions according to the APIs it references; I found it really handy, but I kind of disliked the fact that it was actually changing the procedure names, mostly because it was messing up the database when using verbose configurations (having too many tags meant having extremely long function names). Other issues included the fact that adding and/or removing functions was not super-friendly, and that there was no support for profiles or different configuration files. [Read More]
Removing junk opcodes using IDAPython
This is a simple IDAPython script that I wrote to solve a challenge; it’s nothing too fancy, but I thought I would share it to help a friend of mine start using scripting.